The title of this blog doesn’t even really do justice to how I have been feeling the past two weeks of my pregnancy. But it’s the best way for you all to get a visual of what I am going though. I am certainly not complaining about being pregnant, being a mom or even working but it has definitely taken a toll on my ego.
I am not saying I am a superwoman but I normally, pardon my French, have my “shit” together and am at the top of my game 24/7 (or at least I think I am). Now skip to the past two weeks as I have reached approximately 36 weeks of pregnancy and welcome “baby brain”. For some reason I have blacked out everything I went through while I was pregnant with my first son, “little e”, and feel like everything is so different this time. I was reminded so nicely last night in fact, that indeed I was going through the same things I did previously by UrbaDada. Of course he would know! Anyways, the bottom line is this whole “baby brain” aka “hot mess” is so true. I am a serial hot mess pregnant mama and I can’t stand it.
Let’s just start from the beginning, since Monday I have…
1. Gotten stuck: Yes, my oversized bump makes it hard for me to navigate myself through the simplest everyday situations. Seriously, who gets stuck like a beached whale when trying to rotate from one side to the other when they are sleeping? Come on! Then I so nicely smack my baby bump into my manager’s chair everyday when I try to get up from my desk. She laughs, I laugh but it’s starting to get annoying. Here’s a good one, since I am peeing like a race horse right now every 2 – 3 minutes it feels like, try fitting your baby bump into a normal stall at any public place. Jeez!
2. Forgetful Mama: I can’t remember CRAP! I mean, the littlest things I can’t remember. I can be mid conversation and if I get even remotely distracted with something else I completely forget what I was talking about. I start a conversation with, “so I wanted to tell you…” and they say, “what” and I say, “O I forget what I was saying”.
3. Multitasking…No way! I was the queen of multitasking; I could write, talk, text, eat, and nurse a baby at once. Not anymore, just forget about it! My team will be talking and my head feels like it’s rotating around and around like the girl in Exorcist and I can’t even focus on what they are all talking about. I have to say, “slow down, one thing at a time”. Who the heck is this lady?! I never have to say that, I am in the “move it, or lose it” mindset all the time.
4. Clumsymumsie: Who taught me how to walk? Come on, I am 29 years old and I freaking trip at least 3 times a day. I even banned high heels from my wardrobe for the past two years or so since having kids; flip-flops and flats are my shoe choice lately how difficult can that be?
5. Messy Mommy: I have a 1.5 year old who makes less of a mess eating than I do lately; I think he should be putting the bib on me. I can’t eat one meal without spilling half of it on “the bump”. It’s almost stopped me from wanting to eat in public because I just know it will end up on my belly at some point. Then there is the go to the restroom, try to reach the faucet, and bam! Water on my belly from the sink; gaad!
The amount of giggling, “your so cute” moments from my husband have increased so much lately it’s out of control. I don’t want to be “cute” I want to me a supermom that has her shit together with some sexy on the side. But certainly the “sexy” has taken a backseat to the hot mess appearance I have been displaying lately.
Don’t get me wrong, I love being pregnant, adore my husband and love being a mommy but come on, can’t I catch a pregnancy break? I am already a big mamasita, I’d at least like to feel functional and able to make it through the day without one of the items listed above. I have realized that if I just have good humor about all of this it’s easier to get through, so you will catch me laughing at myself. I mean, there is not much I can really do about it at this point, right?!
I hope all you UrbaBumps out there realize you’re not alone and if you need to vent stop by Urba Baby and let’s chat! We can laugh together at ourselves.